Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Stolen and Returned


The day I took delivery of my Kawasaki VN400, we were at the shop getting it fixed up. I was riding it home, my first time on the new bike, there was ice on the road, and I had a dirt bike tire on the front. I kept it slow. It turns out I was followed on electric bicycles. Two days later, my friend awoke to a hole cut into our garage. The 4 of the 5 motorcycles we had in there were stolen. 

Four days later. I get a call that one of the bikes had been seen, and the police were staking out the area. An hour later I get a call to dress warm come get my bike. There was a number of plain cloths police officers with unmarked cars. We waited for about an hour before they opened the garage that the bikes were in. In all 7 motorcycles were found that day.
  5 Kawasakis, 1 Yamaha, 1 Suzuki. Totaling 80,000 RMB or about $15,000. 

Three days after that, we had a large ceremony infront of the police station. The foreigners thanking the police for recovering our proporty. We were live on the radio, and on the evening news. 

The theives each recieved 25 years in jail for the crime. There is no early release in China, and prison is not a nice place to be.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to the local cops and you all for the ceremony thanking them! Saw your link on the KAW forum.
    CO
    cousley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete