Thursday, July 9, 2009

2 months

picked up a 1982 Kawasaki KZ 250. Put 2000 Km on it in the past two months. My mechanic sold it to me, but the oil sight glass had a black oil film over it making it so I could not see the oil level. I was told that the clutch was fix, so I assumed that it had new oil in it. About a week later it was making some serious valve noise. Took it back to my mechanic, fixed most of the damage. The engine is quiet with good oil. The rings are shot in the right cylinder. I decided to run it with the bad rings to see what happens. Too much gas was getting in the oil and would start making noise and over heating every 300Km. Took it in yesterday to get the rings done. Get the bike back tomorrow.

What a fun bike she is! quick and easy to throw around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment